"The Environs of Edinburgh", SDUK Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge
Period: 1838 (dated)
Color: Hand Color
15.2 x 11.8 inches
38.6 x 30 cm
Finely engraved map filled with information. Great detail of roads and lanes, villages, towns, mills, castles, watershed and terrain. Locates individual buildings and some fields with the land owners family name. Extends to the east to beyond Musselburgh, west to Kirkliston and south to Rutherford Castle and Pennicuik. Nice stipple work along the coast. Keyboard style border.
Lightly toned and the color a little light.