"St. Vincent to Britain", Philip, George
Subject: St. Vincent
Period: 1856 (circa)
Publication: Commercial Atlas of the World...
Color: Hand Color
11.6 x 20 inches
29.5 x 50.8 cm
This map of St. Vincent shows excellent topographical detail of this mountainous and volcanic island. The island is divided into four parishes -- St. David, St. Patrick, St. Andrew, and St. George -- with the northern portion of the island labeled "Caribs Lands." In St. George's Parish are Kingstown, the capital of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and the Botanical Garden. Established by the British in 1765, the Botanic Gardens is the second oldest in the Western Hemisphere and is still today a popular attraction on the island. This map is half of a sheet with a map of Barbados, with each map fully enclosed in its own borders.
A bright, clean example with light toning along sheet edges. Remargined at right to accommodate framing.