"[Lot of 5 - South America]", British Admiralty
Subject: South America - Western
Period: 1835-36 (dated)
Color: Black & White
This lot of working British Admiralty charts covers much of the west coast of South America. All have land-view elevations of the shore to assist the mariner, sailing notes, soundings, tidal notes, and magnetic variation rose. The lot includes:
1. South America West Coast Sheet VII Chile. With seven inset charts: Quintai Road; Oscuro Cove; Rapel River; Matanza Anchorage; Ports San Antonio & S. Antonio de las Bodegas; Tuman Bay; and Topocalma Roads., (18.5 x 24.5").
2. South America West Coast Sheet VIII Chile. Includes four inset plans of Pena Blanca; Chanaral Bay; Choros Bay; and Apolillado Cove., (18.6 x 24.2").
3. South America West Coast Sheet IX Chile & Bolivia., (18.5 x 24.5").
4. South America West Coast Sheet X Bolivia., (18.5 x 24.5").
5. South America West Coast Sheet X Coast of Chile. Includes five inset plans of Guanillos Cove; Antofagasta; Chimba Cove; El Cobre Cove; and Abtao Cove, (18.7 x 24.3").
Each with a little soiling from use with occasional toning or foxing. On thick paper as issued.