"[Lot of 7 - South America]", British Admiralty
Subject: South America - Western
Period: 1828-36 (circa)
Color: Black & White
This lot of working British Admiralty charts covers much of the west coast of South America. All have land-view elevations of the shore except for Sheet II to assist the mariner, sailing notes, soundings, tidal notes, and magnetic variation rose. The first has hand coloring to lighthouses and each is sized as given. The lot includes:
1. West Coast of South America Sheet II From the Gulf of Trinidad to the Gulf of Penas., (18 x 24").
2. South America West Coast Sheet III From the Gulf of Penas to the Guaytecas Islands., (18.4 x 24.5").(
3. South America West Coast Sheet IV Chile., (18.3 x 24.3").
4. South America West Coast Sheet V Chile., (18.4 x 24.8").
5. South America West Coast Sheet VI Chile., (18.4 x 24.5").
6. South America West Coast Sheet VII Chile., (18.5 x 24.5").
7. South America West Coast Sheet VIII Chile., (18.5 x 24.5").
Each with a little soiling from use with occasional toning or foxing. Sheet VII is linen-backed due to a tear extending into the lower image. On thick paper as issued.