"[Lot of 6 - Civil War]", U.S. War Department
Subject: Southern United States, Civil War
Period: 1892 (published)
Publication: Atlas to Accompany the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies
Color: Printed Color
27.3 x 16.3 inches
69.3 x 41.4 cm
Each is highly detailed with Confederate and Union troop and battery locations, topography, cities and villages, individual buildings, etc.
1) Map of Bowling Green, Ky., showing its Approaches and Defenses. / Topographical Map showing Defenses of Cincinnati, Covington and Newport. (A)
2) Defenses of Nashville, Tenn. Fort at Hyde's Ferry. / Defenses of Nashville, Tenn. Plan and Section of Redoubt… / Defenses of Nashville, Tenn. Fort Harker. / Trace of Interior Crest Fort Pickering, Memphis, Tenn… / Fort Donelson, Tenn. / Memphis and its Environs. Light water stain at edges of lower margin, map image is fine. (B+)
3) Galveston, Tex. And its Fortifications. / Map of Siege Operations against the Defenses of Charleston Harbor / Map Port Hudson, LA. And Vicinity The Charleston maps is focused on Morris Island. Small area of water stain in left and right blank margins. Clean centerfold split from top 3" into map and from bottom 1" into map. (B)
4) Richmond, VA. / Petersburg and Five Forks, VA. / Bermuda Hundred, VA. / Jetersville and Sailor's Creek, VA. A little surface soiling visible in margins. (B+)
5) Map of the Vicinity of Richmond, VA., and Part of the Peninsula. Highly detailed map of the vicinity around Richmond. Clean centerfold split from bottom through half of map. (B)
6) Lithograph sheet with eleven views of Civil War scenes and battlefields. Sepia toned. (A)
See individual descriptions.