"Map of Hardin County", General Land Office
Period: 1895 (dated)
Color: Black & White
19.7 x 20.3 inches
50 x 51.6 cm
This seldom seen map shows the entire county centered on the town of Kountz with every land parcel delineated and identified by the owner's name. School Land parcels amount to a significant portion of the county. Rivers, creeks, roads and a railroad are shown. The county was created in 1858 from parts of Jefferson, Liberty and Tyler counties. Published by the GLO from their office in Austin. Printed in St. Louis by the Aug. Gast Bank Note & Litho Company. A most uncommon map.
A few areas of foxing or soiling. Some weakness along folds with splits and a few small areas of loss, tissue backed to repair and support. The impression is fine and the margins are full.