"[Lot of 12 Photogravures]",
Subject: Western United States
Period: 1888 (published)
Publication: Picturesque California
Color: Black & White
10.5 x 6.8 inches
26.7 x 17.3 cm
A grand collection of photo-gravures after original paintings and drawings feature California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Montana, and Alaska. Many famous artists are represented here. Sizes vary slightly. Each includes the original tissue guard which contains the title.
1) The Alameda-San Jose to Santa Clara, by Victor Perard.
2) Protestant Orphan Asylum (San Francisco), by Victor Perard.
3) On the Beach at Santa Cruz, by A. I. Keller.
4) Mount Hood, by Julian Rix.
5) Foothills of St. Helena, by Virgil Williams.
6) Salmon Fishing on the Columbia, by A. Hencke.
7) The Dalles of the Columbia, by Julian Rix.
8) Cascades of the Columbia, by Julian Rix.
9) Tatoosh Mountains (Looking West from Camp of the Clouds), by Victor Perard after a painting by W. Keith.
10) Cloud-Burst (Canon of the Upper Missouri), by Julian Rix.
11) Headwaters of the Grand, by J. Harrison Mills.
12) Mounts Fairweather and Crillon (Glacier Bay), by B. Styles.
All in beautiful condition with original tissue guard sheet.