"[Lot of 6 Texas]",
Period: 1899 (dated)
Color: Black & White
This series of six maps shows parts of the planned inland light draft navigation system. Captain C.S. Riche Corps of Eng'rs, U.S. Army, S.M. Wilcox, Asst Engr, H.J. Condron Draftsman. The maps in this lot include:
1) Turtle Bayou, Texas, Showing Proposed Connection from its Mouth to Trinity Bay for a Light Draught Navigation. (20.3 x 34.8"). Shows the town of Anahuac.
2) San Bernard River, Texas. Showing Possible Connection with Brazos River and … Matagordo Bay… (54 x 14.5"). Shows a portion of the street grid for Quintana.
3) Oyster Creek, Texas. Showing the Connection with Brazos River… (50 x 15"). Locates the town of Quintana.
4) Clear Creek, Texas, Showing Proposed Connection from its Mouth to Galveston Bay. (21.3 x 11.5 "). Shows street grid for Seabrook.
5) Chocolate Bayou, Texas, Showing Proposed Connection to Mouth of Galveston Bay. (19.3 x12"). Locates Lost Lake between Chocolate Bay and Bayou.
6) Dickinson Bayou, Texas, Showing its Proposed Connection to Mouth of Galveston Bay. (20.3 x 12.3") Shows a portion of North Galveston's street grid.
All maps are folding as issued.