"[Lot of 10 - Old Testament]",
Period: 1700 (circa)
Color: Black & White
8.5 x 14 inches
21.6 x 35.6 cm
Striking group of copper engravings from the Old Testament drawn by Picart and G. Hoet and published by Pierre de Hondt. Captions in Hebrew, Greek, English, French, German, Dutch.
1) I Samuel VI: 14, 15. The Return of the Ark from the Land of the Philistins. A striking scene showing the return of the Ark of the Covenant and a sacrifice being made before it. With evidence of a crack in plate entering at right.
2) I Sam. X: 11. Saul among the Prophets.
3) I Sam. XI, 4. The Mourning of the Israelites at Gibeah.
4) I Sam. XV: 32, 33. Samuel hew's Agag in Pieces before the Lord at Gilgal.
5) I Samuel II, 12-22. The Scandalous Deportment of the Sons of Eli.
6) I Reg. XIII, 24. The Man of God Slain by a Lion for his Disobedience.
7) II Reg: XXV, 9. Jerusalem Burn't by Nebuzar=adan.
8) Job II, 8. Job among the Ashes.
9) Esaias VI, 1. The Lord Sitting upon his Throne.
10) Ezech. I: 5. Ezechiels vision.