"[Lot of 12 - European City Views ]", Merian, Matthaus
Period: 1645 (circa)
Color: Black & White
11.5 x 17 inches
29.2 x 43.2 cm
This is a lot of town views and plans still partially bound to each other, evidently from a composite atlas. Most of the plates have are in poor condition with holes or missing pieces. But there are a few plate that are salvageable, even with stains and fold splits; those plates are listed as follows, sizes vary:
1) Nieuhaus [on sheet with ] Oggenberg.
2) Prosp. Des Enbelsperger hoffs [on sheet with] Dorff Langenshlagg
3) Shmierenberg [on sheet with] Schalenberg.
4) Rapperswyl. A hole on the right part of the view.
6) Mahte Contrafactur des Wunderlichen…
7) Landshafft umb das Wildebade Pfaffers.
9) Rapfenberg [on sheet with] Schloss Rodnegg.
10 Lugano [on sheet with] Bellinzona.
11) Lignitz [ on sheet with] Nyk.