"[Lot of 7 - Architectural Elevations]",
Period: 1756 (published)
Publication: History and Survey of London
Color: Black & White
A group of lovely, decorative copper engravings from Maitland's History and Survey of London.
1) A View of the Guild Hall of the City of London. ( 12.8 x 8")
2) The Mansion House for the Reception of the Lord Mayor of the City of London for the time Being. (14 x 9")
3) The Tower of London is a view of the fortress from the Thames, with many ships and boats. (12.8 x 8")
4) The Monument. View of the monument commemorating the Great Fire of 1666, located at Monument Street and Fish Street Hill. ( 8.2 x 12.6")
5) The Excise Office. / The Parish Church of St. Olave, Southwark. Two architectural views on one sheet. (9.3 x 14")
6) The South prospect of Somerset House in the Strand. (14 x 8.8")
7) The College of Arms or Herald's Office. (12.8 x 8.5")
Most good with even toning and a few scattered spots, print 3 with some darker foxing.