"[Lot of 12 - Italy]",
Period: 1580-1770 (circa)
Color: Hand Color
This is a diverse group of maps covering the various regions of Italy from the latter part of the sixteenth century to the latter part of the eighteenth century. The lot includes maps by Dutch and German cartographers.
1) Reipublicae Genuensis Ducatus et Dominii. Nova Descrip., by Jan Jansson, c. 1630 (19 x 14.5") Some short tears in margins.
2) Nullus in Orbe Locus Baiis Praelucet Amoenis, by Braun & Hogenberg, c. 1580 (19.3 x 13.2") Paper edges chipped with a couple of tears entering map and some archival tape on verso.
3) Calabria Ultra, olim Altera Magnae Graeciae pars, by Jan Jansson, c. 1640 (19.2 x 15") Minor marginal tears.
4) Territorium Tridentinum, by Jan Jansson, c. 1649 (19 x 14.7") Tears into map from sides with partial archival tape repairs.
5) Le Cadore, by Blaeu/Covens & Mortier, c. 1700 (19.5 x 15") Some worm holes in bottom margin.
6) Dominium Venetum in Italia, by Henricus Hondius, c. 1635 (19.5 x 14.6") Edges chipped, tears entering map, tape stains in margins and paper brittle.
7) [Untitled] One sheet of Cursus Padi per Longobardiam a Fonte usque ad Ostia depicting the mouth of the Po River and the vicinity of Venice, by Tobias Conrad Lotter, c. 1770 (18 x 22.8") Damp stains, with some minor tears in map and a missing corner just touching neatline.
8) Le Cours du Po dans le Milanez, by Covens & Mortier, Amsterdam, c. 1730 (19.5 x 16")
9) Regionum Italiae Mediarum Tabula Geographica, by Delisle/Coven & Mortier, c. 1730 (24 x 17.6")
10) Status Ecclesiastici nec non Magni Ducatus Toscanae Nova Tabula Geographica by Homann Heirs, 1748 (21 x 19") Damp stains.
11) Ducatus Mantuani ceu Sedis belli 1733-35 recentissima Delineatio by Homann Heirs 1735 (22.8 x 19.4") Damp stains.
12) Ducatus Mediolani una cum Consinys accurata Tabula exhibitus by Johann Baptist Homann, c. 1720 (23 x 18.5") Damp stains and cello tape hinges on verso.
All with original color, various toning or stains and some extraneous folds. Other faults are noted in description.