"The Parish of St. James's Westminster: taken from the last Survey, with Corrections", Anon.
Subject: England - London
Period: 1756 (published)
Color: Hand Color
11.6 x 14 inches
29.5 x 35.6 cm
Detailed map of the parish of St. James's Picadilly, the church designed by Christopher Wren. This stood at the north end of the first of the new neighborhoods planned in London's West End after the Great Fire of 1666. Its focus was St. James's Square, entered by two short streets leading north from Pall Mall. This is the district now famed for the numerous London clubs. Two legends keyed to numbers on the map identify 65 places of interest.
Few extraneous creases and some minor chipping along bottom edge, well away from map.