"[Lot of 5 - United States and North America]",
Subject: United States - Miscellaneous
Period: 1822-50 (circa)
Lot of five nineteenth century maps of the United States and North America.
1) The City of New York From an Actual Survey by James Lyne 1728, engraved by Stiles, Sherman & Smith, circa 1830 (10 x 6.7") (BW) (A)
2) Engraved For Thompson's History of Long Island, 1843 (20.5 x 7.5") (BW) Folding as issued with several extraneous folds with fold separations and minor loss - some folds closed with archival tape (C)
3) The Gold Districts of Alta California, from Henry Vizetelly's "Four Months among the Gold-Finders in Alta California, Being the Diary of an Expedition from San Francisco to the Gold Districts" . Yellow outline color of the gold district. (4.7 x 6.6") (A)
4) United States, Sidney Hall, published by Longman, Jurst, Rees, Orme & Brown, London, 1822. Missouri Territory west of Mississippi River. Florida appears in an inset above the title block. (9.5 x 7.2") (BW) Folding as issued with a couple of tiny fold separation repaired with archival tape. (A)
5) North America, Nautical Magazine by Fisher, Son & Co., 1833. Some outline color apparently marking a travel route (?) (7.7 x 9.6") Folding as issued with light offsetting (B).
Condition noted in description.