"New Rail Road and County Map of Southern Part of Texas", Cram, George F. & Company
Period: 1881 (published)
Publication: New Family Atlas
Color: Hand Color
19.5 x 11.4 inches
49.5 x 29 cm
Early hand-colored map that was published before Cram turned to printed color in 1883. Includes a large inset "Western Part of Texas" on the same scale. Highly detailed showing railroads, towns and villages, forts, county divisions, and more. Shows the forts of Leaton, Lancaster, Ewell, plus Camp Hudson, and Waugh’s Ranch in LaSalle County. Other interesting place names include Gallagher’s Ranch in Medina County, Spencer’s Rancho, Hard’s Pass, Wild Rose Pass, Dead Man’s Pass, the Frico Water Hole in Bandera County, and Perry’s Landing, where slaves were traded in the antebellum era.
References: Rumsey 4558.
Fine original coloring and nice impression.