"[Lot of 7- Poland and Denmark]", Pufendorf, Samuel, Baron von
Subject: Northern Europe, Poland and Denmark
Period: 1697 (published)
Publication: Histoire du regne de Charles Gustave, roy de Suede
Color: Black & White
12 x 9.5 inches
30.5 x 24.1 cm
A sharply engraved group of plans from Pufendorf's famous chronicle on The Northern Wars and military campaigns of Sweden's King Charles X. Size varies slightly.
1) Ichnographia Delineatio Corsorae… is a plan of the town and fort of Korsör decorated with a great sea battle and enclosed in a picture frame style border.
2) Ichnographia Staekae In Insula Moenia… is a bird's-eye plan of the city of Stege on the island of Mon in Denmark including a sea battle in the foreground. Embellished with a large title cartouche, sailing ships and a compass rose.
3) Conslictus apud Tarnovam et Wounicium is a battlefield scene with the locations of troops near Tarnowa.
4) Ichnographia Castelli ad Caput Vistulae vulgo Hoft Schantz tribus Danitisco… is a view of the fotifications and castle at the fork of the Vistula.
5) Accurata Delineato Oppugnata a Foederatis, Caesaris, Polonicus, Danicus, … is a scene of a sea battle with a number of warships and artillery shown.
6) Delineatio Oppidi Koeg… is a view of the town and fort at Koege in Denmark.
7)Delineatio et Situs Montower Spitze / Exquisita Delineatio Flvuii Nogat shows two plans on one sheet of the mouths of the Vistula and Nogat Rivers. Finely engraved with decorative title cartouches, a compass rose and a bold border.
Map 1 with some overall toning, Map 2 with a couple small stains, Map 3 with repaired puncture in the upper part of the map, and a marginal stain in the bottom, Map 4 with some minor stains and a repaired tear in the map about 3", last three with a couple of minor printer's creases.