"Palatinatus Posnaniensis, in Maiori Polonia Primarii Nova Delinatio", Pitt, Moses
Period: 1681 (published)
Color: Black & White
21 x 18 inches
53.3 x 45.7 cm
Uncommon and very beautifully engraved map of the western part of Poland including the cities of Poznan and Glogow. The map is attributed to Gerard Mercator, but was copied from Blaeu's map of the same title. Finely engraved to illustrate the rivers, forests, lowlands, lakes, cities, towns and villages. Each corner is richly adorned with cartouches, armorial shields, figures, livestock and putti.
Fine impression with a few insignificant defects in blank margins, well away from map.