Finely engraved plan of the city. The important harbor is guarded by the walled fortresses of Citadel St. Nicolas and Fort St. Jean. Includes details of a planned inland waterway or canal with docks. Legend shows a remarkable increase of over 25% in the city's population between 1827 and 1837.
Some surface soiling along edges and a water stain just into map at upper left.