A handsome map of Caernarvonshire and Anglesey with present-day Gwynedd and Mon. The decorative title and scale cartouche features a farmer with his harvest, which symbolizes Caernarfon as the place of investiture to the Princes. The map is further embellished with the Royal Arms, the crest and feathered crown of the Prince of Wales, and three ships sailing in the Irish Sea. French text on verso, published between 1645-48.
References: Goss (Blaeu) #28; Van der Krogt (Vol. II) #5550:2.
A dark impression on a bright sheet with light printer's ink residue and a few marginal creases.