This finely engraved map covers northeastern Poland from about Gdansk to Lithuania, and includes the present-day Russian enclave of Kaliningrad Oblast. The map is filled with detail and engraved with forests, mountains, fortresses. A large allegorical title cartouche and a compass rose complete the composition. Engraved by John Harris.
Cluver's Introductio in Universam Geographicam was a popular atlas, appearing in over 45 editions during a 100-year period. The first edition was published without maps in the 1620s, and the first edition to include maps was published circa 1641. The various editions were published in different cities throughout Europe, including Amsterdam, Nuremberg, and London. This map is from a London edition, with the majority of the maps re-engraved by John Senex.
References: Shirley (BL Atlases) T.CLUV-9a #44.
Issued folding on paper with a coat of arms watermark. A nice impression that is slightly uneven at bottom right.