This handsome small map of St. Vincent features some nice topographical detail in the interior. The northern portion of the island is labeled Land Granted to the Charibs in 1773, referring to the land ceded to the Caribs from the British after the First Carib War ended in 1773. The remainder of the island is divided into four parishes. Towns and cities, including Kingstown, and a number of rivers are identified. Bryan Edwards was an Englishman living in Jamaica, a planter and politician who also wrote volumes about the West Indies.