"Plan for the Improvement of the West Side of Monument Park", U.S. Corps of Engineers
Subject: Washington, D.C.
Period: 1902-03 (dated)
Color: Printed Color
26.8 x 39 inches
68.1 x 99.1 cm
This beautifully drawn and colored plan was prepared "Under the direction of Colonel Theo. A. Bingham" It is centered on the Washington Monument, bounded on the south and west by Seventeenth Street, on the north by B Street and on the east by Fourteenth Street. Locates future bridges and roadways, the Nursery, the Bureau of Engraving and Printing with six blank plots adjacent, the Office of Public Buildings and Grounds, the Garden Office, Boat Landing, Fish Ponds and the Power House. Also gives the old location of the Jefferson Pier Erected Dec. 2, 1804. Signed in the plate by Bingham on June 30th 1902. Arranged and drawn by Fredrick D. Owen assisted by F.F. Gillen. "Eng 57 2" is at lower left below the neatline.
Issued folding with an edge tear at left that extends 2" into the image closed on verso with archival tape, otherwise fine.