Antique Map Auction Sale No. 136 - closed 6/1/2011
This is an attractive and very detailed map of the stronghold of Gibraltar. It shows the well-fortified peninsula with all buildings, barracks, roads and batteries noted. The map is dedicated to the Earl of Portmore who was Governor of Gibraltar between 1713 to 1720, shortly after Spain ceded Gibraltar to Great Britain in the Treaty of Utrecht.